Elections will take place at the General Membership Meeting, held on September 21st in conjunction with our Annual Conference. The positions being elected in September are:
- Private Sector Member-At-Large
- Public Sector Member-At-Large
- Tribal Liaison – this is an off-year replacement, as Arick has changed jobs, and we need a Liaison to finish his current term
These are two-year terms, commencing October 1 and running until September 30, 2024. The President-Elect serves one year, then transitions into the President position.
As a reminder, in order to be eligible to serve as a Board Member, per the WSEMA Constitution, you must meet the following criteria:
- An Active WSEMA Member (registered with dues current)
- Professionally engaged in an Emergency Management capacity for the previous two years at a minimum
You may nominate yourself or someone else; and nominations will also be taken from the floor during the meeting on September 21. Please call or email me with your nominations. Prior to the meeting, the Board will verify both the nominees’ eligibility and their willingness to serve.
Please see the WSEMA Executive Board Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for additional information. And, of course, feel free to reach out to me or any of our other Board members with any questions you may have.