Each year, IAEM and NEMA join forces to complete an exhaustive survey on how our members utilize the Emergency Management Performance Grants (EMPG). The resulting report highlights how these funds are utilized. This year’s version includes some data on the CARES Act funding and covers other issues such as:
- In FY 20, while there were 228 disasters requiring a major or emergency declaration, state, local, and territorial governments managed an additional 19,752 events without additional federal expenditures.
- There were 16,978 statewide and local preparedness outreach campaigns reaching 115 million residents.
- 4,020 state and local exercises reached 138,821 responders.
- 5,316 training classes provided 75,954 personnel advanced levels of knowledge.
- 4,960 state and local mutual aid agreements were created minimizing the need for immediate federal support.
The report may be downloaded from the IAEM website. Thank you to everyone who supported this effort.
Questions may be directed to IAEM Government Affairs Director Thad Huguley.